CWA NAVIGATIONAL MARKERS ARE MISSING - One RED and one GREEN.
Date: May 5, 2019CWA NAVIGATIONAL MARKERS ARE MISSING – One RED and one GREEN.
Your help is needed. As you know, our cottage association maintains
the 28 markers and lights along the waterway. Due to the high water
levels we are missing 2 of them. The green one is of the older “tractor
tire” type and the red one is the newer cylinder permanent style. The
other is the centre red spar opposite the lighthouse location. Photos of
both styles are attached.
If you happen to know anything about either
one of them would you please let us know asap. Not only are they
expensive, they are very important to get back in place to avoid
accidents and boat damage.
Once the water levels return to normal and the current in the river
subsides we will be putting out temporary markers. In the meantime,
please be careful around the lighthouse area. There is a shoal on the
south shore in the area where the middle red marker is missing. Once
the originals spars are found we will let everyone know through our
Facebook group page and website.
As you are out on the waterway
would you please keep your eyes open for both of these markers. The
contact for this is Jeff Baker at 705 387-3750 or 705 571-2740, or any
member of the association. The contact details are on the spar as well.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
You may also be interested in these other 30 articles
- HERE IS YOUR DAILY WEBCAM PHOTO - Thursday April 25th 2019
Date: April 24, 2019 Port Carmen Marina and Cecebe Waterways Assoc.read on
- WEBCAM INTERUPTION IS BEING ADDRESSED . . .
Date: April 23, 2019read on
- 2018 FALL Newletter is online - check out the link below . .
Date: October 5, 2018
Lots of great CWA information, plus more!read on
- Almaguin Highlands - Artscape Art Show and Sale
Date: September 25, 2018 Almaguin Highlands Arts Council
The opening Gala is this Friday night - September 28thread on
- 2018 MUNICIPAL ELECTION - TOWNSHIP OF RYERSON CANDIDATE SUBMISSIONS
Date: September 24, 2018
Delynne Patterson and Joseph Vella have added their information to the Ryerson Candidate submission posting . .read on
- Almaguin Highlands - Artscape Art Show and Sale
Date: September 15, 2018 Almaguin Highlands Arts Councilread on
- CWA is looking for the family of Emilia Moxley . .
Date: September 4, 2018 Kathy Baker, Communicationsread on
- August 31st - FIRE RATING is down to "MODERATE"
Date: August 31, 2018read on
- Lighthouse Landing Fundraiser
Date: August 22, 2018 Fran, Jim and Alyssa Slee
Here's a chance to win a beautiful quilt and support Lighthouse Landing at the same time . . .read on
- Huntsville District Memorial Hospital Autumn House Tour
Date: August 9, 2018
Here is a great way to support our hospital . . .read on
- The (Almaguin) Highlands Players Upcoming Sunset Cruise Production
Date: June 3, 2018 Hazel Hornibrook, Chair
This is a fantastic dinner theatre experience!!!read on
- Proposed changes to Zoning By-law & Public Meeting Wed April 25th, 6:30PM Mag Community Centre
Date: April 20, 2018 Municipality of Magnetawan
Municipality of Magnetawan Proposed changes to the Zoning By-law and public meeting at 6:30PM on Wednesday April 25th 2018 at the Magnetawan Community Centreread on
- CWA regular executive meeting Sunday Oct 8th has been cancelled -
Date: October 3, 2017read on
- FOUND: WATER SKI
Date: September 3, 2017 Mike Kinsey
Found on my dockread on
- CWA's Next Meeting is this Sunday - Sept 3rd
Date: September 1, 2017
Come and hear what's happening with your association . . . hear the follow-up of all the events over the summer etc.read on
- LOST - A RED KAYAK
Date: August 27, 2017 Gaby Sandersread on
- PHOTOS - Regatta, Poker Run, Corn Roast . . . .
Date: August 22, 2017
Have you looked to see your photo, or those of your friends???read on
- Looking for Poker Run and Corn Roast Photos . . .
Date: August 21, 2017 Kathy Baker, Newsletter and Website Chairread on
- Magnetawan Upcoming Summer Events
Date: July 18, 2017 Jesse Winger, Recreation Supervisor, Municipality of Magnetawan
And don't forget the Soap Box Derby on Saturday August 5th at 10:30amread on
- CWA's 22nd Annual Les Naftel Memorial Golf Tournament Results
Date: July 16, 2017read on
- Port Carmen Marina's 3rd Annual Summer Kick-Off - Saturday July 1st, 2017 10am to 3pm
Date: June 30, 2017 Port Carmen Marina
Come out and support our local Marina and see their wonderful displays, enjoy a BBQ lunch, plus much more . . .read on
- A "Water Parade" as part of Magnetawan's July 1st Festivities
Date: June 23, 2017 Francine Slee, Lighthouse Landing Family Camp
Would you bring your boat and be part of the parade above the locks in the Magnetawan Harbour? Details below. What a lot of fun . . . and a great way to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday!read on
- Almaguin Highlands Arts Council
Date: June 20, 2017 Hazel Hornibrook, Chairread on
- May 13 - FOUND: PART OF A DOCK!
Date: May 15, 2017 Dave Smith, Gordon Island
In our spring high water levels - are you missing part of your dock?read on
- Habitat for Humanity, Ontario Gateway North
Date: May 4, 2017 Valerie-Ann Sheekey
An Afternoon of Music, in Support of the First Habitat for Humanity Build in South Almaguin this yearread on
- FOR SALE: 95% ALUMINUM PERSONAL WATERCRAFT LIFT
Date: May 1, 2017read on
- Highlander Cookbook Project - Call for Recipes!
Date: April 20, 2017 Highlander Brew Co., South River
Selected winning recipes will also be featured at one of five Highlander dinners in the fall of 2017 . .read on
- Saturday July 1st - Port Carmen Marina's 2017 Summer Kick-Off
Date: March 2, 2017 Port Carmen Marina
Port Carmen Marina - where the fun begins! Dock displays, vendor demonstrations, WOW Watersports gear, BBQ Lunch, plus lots more . . .read on
- 2 COTTAGES FOR RENT ON LAKE CECEBE
Date: February 22, 2017 Bev and Norm Cameron
1. Pine Rock Cottage on Watson Island and 2. Island View House on Chapman Driveread on
- CWA CANOE RENTALS
Date: February 21, 2017
Don't forget - you can rent a CWA canoe at Port Carmen Marina!read on